Fort Lauderdale Homes with Mega Yacht Dockage
Ft. Lauderdale is known as the "Venice of America" as well as the Mega Yacht Capital of the World. We are a City of almost 200 Miles of Waterways. Many Residents and Visitors enjoy cruising by Yacht, Surfing, Boating, Fishing, Jetskiing, and other Water activities.In Ft. Lauderdale and the Cities nearby, the majority of Homes that offer Mega Yacht Dockage are Waterfront Homes located on Point Lots, however, a few additional types are available as well.
Here in Ft. Lauderdale and nearby Broward County Cities, there are 5 types of Waterfront Property that are available to Buyers. These 5 types of Waterfront Property are:
- Direct Oceanfront Homes on the Sand (Homes in the Ft. Lauderdale Subdivision of Lauderdale Beach, Homes on Hillsboro Mile in Hillsboro Beach, and Homes in the Pompano Beach Subdivision of Hillsboro Shores)
Waterways are arranged such that Ocean Access Canals lead to the Intracoastal Waterway, which leads to the Atlantic Ocean. The New River leads to the Intracoastal Waterway, which leads to the Atlantic Ocean.
If you currently have a Vessel to Dock or if you're planning to purchase one in the future and are considering Intracoastal front Homes, a very important consideration is to determine if they are located in a Wake Zone or not. If the Home is located in a Wake Zone that's not suitable for docking a larger Vessel, Dockage could be possible if the Home is located on a Point Lot that includes a protected side Canal. Of course, some Intracoastal Homes are located such that Dockage is not possible at all, in which cases, the only remaining choices for Vessel Owners are Dockage in a Marina (many of which are available locally) or Dockage at another Single Family Home where the Owners permit Dockage to be Leased.
Nearby Cities in Broward County that offer Ocean Access Waterfront Homes for Sale include Pompano Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Lighthouse Point, Deerfield Beach, Hallandale, Hollywood, and Lauderdale by the Sea.
- Canal Widths and Depths vary significantly, so the size and draft of your Vessel are factors to consider when searching for Homes.
- Waterfront Widths vary among Homes, so if you're interested in Docking a Vessel, first verify that the Home's Waterfront is wide enough to Dock your Vessel (required set-back Widths are important as well)
- Are the existing Dockage and Seawall sufficient to meet your needs OR can changes, updates, or additions be made in order to meet your needs? If the answer to both questions is "No", a different Home will need to be considered.
Interested in locating a Home in Fort Lauderdale to Dock your Mega Yacht or other Vessel or interested in selling Waterfront Property? Contact me for additional details.
* Indicates a Required Field.